DO NOT LET THEM DO THIS! This is “the easy way out”, and shows that these computer technicians are UNTRAINED!! Your data does NOT need to be lost to remove a virus. We can remove any virus from your computer without destroying your data.
A computer virus is a computer program that can replicate itself and spread from one computer to another. The term “virus” is also commonly, but erroneously, used to refer to other types of malware, including but not limited to adware and spyware programs that do not have a reproductive ability.
Malware includes computer viruses, computer worms, Trojan horses, most rootkits, spyware, dishonest adware and other malicious or unwanted software, including true viruses. Viruses are sometimes confused with worms and Trojan horses, which are technically different. A worm can exploit security vulnerabilities to spread itself automatically to other computers through networks, while a Trojan horse is a program that appears harmless but hides malicious functions. Worms and Trojan horses, like viruses, may harm a computer system’s data or performance. Some viruses and other malware have symptoms noticeable to the computer user, but many are surreptitious or simply do nothing to call attention to themselves. Some viruses do nothing beyond reproducing themselves.
If you’re looking for a good, FREE antivirus software, we recommend Avast Antivirus.
If your antivirus software hasn’t been updated within the past 24-36 hours, uninstall it from your computer because it’s not doing any good.
Click on the (+) symbol to expand the answer to the question.
- Blinking icons or yellow triangles in the lower right corner of your screen
- Frequent pop-up windows, especially ones that encourage you to visit unusual sites or download anti-virus or other software
- Error messages
- Changes to your home page
- Mass emails sent from your email account
- Frequent crashes or unusually slow computer performance
- Unknown programs that start up when you start your computer
- Clicking on an intriguing pop-up ad which contains a Trojan or a link you thought was safe on Facebook/Twitter
- Opening a malicious email attachment
- Downloading a virus from a file-sharing program such as LimeWire
- Your antivirus software was not updated with the latest virus definitions
- Your system was infected with malware before your antivirus software was installed
- Once you have a virus on your computer, it may attack your antivirus program and prevent it from working properly; in these cases, the virus must be removed manually.
If you feel comfortable troubleshooting complex PC issues, you may be able to remove threats yourself by searching for the virus name, and a removal script from a known and trusted antivirus vendor.
If you’d rather let one of our expert technicians do all the work for you try our virus removal service
- With thousands of threats being generated every day, it is possible that you have come into contact with a threat your antivirus software does not yet recognize. In addition, some malware is designed specifically to disable specific anti-virus software. Trojans and worms can be very difficult to fix because they have to be manually removed.
- Different vendors handle several thousand new threat alerts every month and updates its software as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Since every software vendor process threats on its own schedule, occasionally another antivirus product can detect a threat before yours can. Likewise, some software often recognizes threats ahead of other products.
- We charge a flat fee of $50 to remove viruses/malware from your system. We guarantee full removal and keep your data in tact. We do NOT format your machine and make you lose your settings/data.
Here are the latest threats and viruses found by Symantec Corporation